But while lists get me going and keep me going, I have found I have a few too many goal lists.
So, for example, I’ll take the 12 Week Year (you already know about the 28 by 28).
But here’s my idea so far:
This system won’t be:
40 Days for Life
On the window was a sign “40 Days of Prayer for Choice.”
I would like to say that I walked away from the clinic after a hour a more thoughtful and prayerful person.
I don’t think that really happened. I was happy to get into my car and turn on the heat. Happy to get away from what is not the greatest neighborhood in Milwaukee.
— 1 —
— 2 —
— 3 —
— 7 —
Have a great weekend!
Read posts from lovely lady bloggers at Conversion Diary!
Yikes, an update already.
That sounds bad, right?
In fact, it’s good.
Because of snow (surprise! It’s Wisconsin!), two of my meetings were canceled… meaning, two less stories.
So on deadline, my editor asked if I had any column ideas…
Sure, my 28 by 28 list. He said, “What?”
And that’s how my list ended up in the newspaper for all to read.
(Because it wasn’t already out there for all to read on the Internet? Right…)
Here’s a photo… look that’s me!
Everything is awesome.
It’s even in the real paper, see?
- See the eagles fly
- Go zip lining
- Go stand up paddle boarding
- 10K run
- Washington, D.C./March for Life
- Carmelite retreat
- Catholic Youth Expeditions retreat
- 10 Latin Masses
- See an opera
- See a play
- Go camping
- Go fishing
- Attend a leadership seminar or conference
- Attend a Catholic women’s event
- Take a dance class
- Learn how to bake artisan breads
- Ride in a hot air balloon
- Go ice boating
- Sew a dress, sew a skirt that I actually wear
- Refurbish the chair and foot stool
- Finish the knit circle rug (completely!)
- Knit mittens
- Pray outside an abortion clinic
- Fast for 24 hours
- Visit the Apostle Islands
- Visit Washington Island
- Learn some basic auto maintenance – replace my own oil!
- Volunteer at a food pantry or soup kitchen